Thursday, February 9, 2017

Ashlynn and Harry

I was excited about this cake, because I have never used one of the "combs" to make texture on the side of the cake!


For this, I used the same cream cheese frosting from the cake for Connor and Sara.  The first pattern I used didn't work; some of the ridges in the frosting did not fill in, and I'm not sure why.  I will have to continue to play with it and see.  I decided to try a "comb" with a more shallow pattern, and it worked perfectly!  

Because I was trying something new, I started a few days earlier than maybe I usually would, and that turned out to be a blessing in disguise; I came down with a massive head cold the day before the wedding, but all I had left to do was stack the cake and add the border.  I delivered the cake, but unfortunately, was not able to stay for the reception.  Hopefully, it was what they wanted.

I have GOT to learn how to use my iPhone camera better; with the window behind, I couldn't get a well-lit picture of the whole display from the front.

The florist called me the night before, and said that she had left a topper, and some extra flowers for me to add to the cake.  This always makes me a little nervous, because my floral skills are not the best, but I am learning!  Her topper was beautiful, and I just had to set it on top.  I clipped a few more flowers, and paired them with some filler or leaves, and scattered them around the cake.  I think I did pretty well!  I have learned a trick or two from watching Casey Benedict!

The final cake up close.  You can't really see the pattern on the side in this one, but I wanted to show the cake from several sides.

I love how this one turned out.  You can really see the pattern, and it looks so smooth!

1 comment:

  1. It was even more gorgeous in person & tasted amazing!! Sad you were sick & couldnt be there!!

    ReplyDelete