Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rebecca and Claude

I've always said that the most fun cakes are the ones I do for friends and family.  I have known this bride since we both had toddlers (who are now 19!).  I watched Rebecca struggle through single motherhood.  Yesterday, it all paid off; she married the love of her life, and a really great guy.  Lots of happy tears from all of us.

Their colors were black and white.  I knew that humidity might be a factor in a June wedding in Kansas, so I decided to go with gum paste swirls, instead of buttercream.  I cut all of the swirls on the Cricut machine ahead of time, and kept them in the freezer.  Here they are laying out to dry before being put on the cake.

These are the two top tiers assembled and ready for delivery.  A toothpick sticking out of the bottom marks the front.

Adding the finishing touches at the venue, 3 hours before the ceremony.


The cake table all decorated and ready to go.  It always surprises me how small such a big cake can look on the display table!

The finished product!  If you look very carefully, you can see a small fingerprint on the second tier from the bottom, dead center in the front.  Some small child couldn't wait for a piece of cake.  I didn't notice it when I took this picture, but saw it just before the bride and groom cut the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment